Monday, November 29, 2010

Where has the year gone...

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is only 26 days away. I apologize if I have put some of you into panic mode! Due to Kenzie's desire to share her formula with the rest of the world, we did not travel over the holiday, at least not to the original destination that was planned, we stayed a little closer to home just incase the worse case senerio occured. Luckily, nothing major happened except for two very huge loads of laundry made up entirely of Kenzie's clothing because it was all covered in spit-up.  *sigh* I opted not to call the pediatrician today mostly because I figure that the phone lines would be impossibly busy and I doubt that we could get an appointment today anyway, plus I have my post-op exam from my wisdom teeth being extracted. (Which I am feeling great from, haven't had to take any pain meds in two whole days! YAY!)

Thanksgiving itself was fabulous...and by that I mean that the food was great (what little bit I had), having Kenzie passed around and recieving lots of kisses, and hugs and new clothes and very special new elmo from her older cousin, truly made the day one to be THANKFUL for. Among other things, I am extremely thankful for my wonderful new family...Clinton is a marvelous hubby and daddy...and having a precious baby girl (even when she's fussy and throwing up everywhere) just makes me so happy to wake up every morning and know they are there! I just can't believe how fast she is growing!!!!

We, and by we I mean my mother-in-law and auntie Karen and myself took the baby to have her picture taken with Santa over the break. I wanted to get it done before the rush of Christmas and we were already heading towards the mall anyway to get some other things done, so why not just get it all done in one fell swoop! She did really well, I will post the picture later when I figure out how to get it on here, she didn't cry or spit up on Santa so I was VERY happy! We also took some time and went to Wal-mart and I picked up a couple of Christmas presents for her. I can't wait to get the tree up...maybe this weekend, but probably not, we have a jammed-packed weekend ahead of us and I just hope that Kenzie is up for the whirl-wind that is the Christmas season and trying to visit everyone. But at least all my Christmas shopping is done, minus one gift card and the two big gifts for Kenzie that we are waiting until I get paid to pick up. And then I can begin to wrap presents!!!! I actually enjoy wrapping presents, but I don't know how well it's going to go with the baby this year.

I guess I will end this post with a Christmas wish....for everyone to be happy and merry, to enjoy your family... always remembering to tell them that you love them and be thankful for them. Make lots of memories and remember to take time to enjoy this holiday season! Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment