Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How time flies...

I can't believe that tomorrow by baby will be 4 months old! I am writing about this today because I know that I will not have time to do so tomorrow because of our hectic schedule for the next couple of days...actually our schedule has been crazy all week...here's a little run down:

Monday- after thinking about it for awhile I decide that I should call the pediatrician to see what I can do about her projectile vomit/spit up until our appointment on thursday-the nurse calls back within and hour of my call and says that they need to see her TODAY. So blessing number 1-I am thankful for a job that is understanding and allows me to leave a little early. So after being extremely busy at work all day (b/c my other counselor was out sick) I leave and hurry to the daycare, to which they tell me that she had spit up so much that she was puking clear liquid. Now I am glad that I called and I rush to the peds office and wouldn't you know I hit every stinking RED LIGHT there was!!!! In the process of waiting to see the doctor, she throws up twice. LOVELY and because I was in a rush, there was not an extra set of clothes in her bag ( I am a horrible mother). The doctor sees her and says, "switch the formula, here's a prescription for Zantac and if there is not a decrease by Thursday we will order an upper GI test on her." However, he was nice enough to give us six cans of the new soy formula for her. Kenzie screams most of the car ride home, that is until I realize what time it is and pull over to feed her and decided that I was hungry too so I pulled into the quiznos parking lot and got dinner and fed Kenzie. I drop off her prescriptions and then call clint and ask him if he would pick them up so that I can just get her home. Thank God for such a wonderful husband, he does that but thanks to traffic I am at home with a baby who is screaming her head off and no matter what you do she doesn't stop. Finally, he's home we give her the meds (which she doesn't like), a bottle with the new formula (which she does eat without a problem) and by 9 she is asleep. I fall into bed myself, only to wake up a few hours later to Kenzie spiting up in her sleep! She is unphased by all of this, meanwhile I am trying not to have a mini-meltdown! I clean her up and she falls right back asleep. End day 1

Tuesday- I drop her off at daycare around 6:10 am, and explain all of the new stuff and the teacher and myself are both hoping that this will help her situation. Then it's off to a meeting filled day, and the rain is killing me because all I want to do is SLEEP! I get my hair cut after work and pick up Kenzie, and get the news that today wasn't that much better :( She had to be changed a few times and she was extremely irritable and almost to the point of being inconsolable. So I take her home and within a few minutes of being home she vomits again and gets her daddy. *sigh* He tells me not to freak out but inside I am crying, and Kenzie begins her scream fest...and I am fighting back the tears because I just want my baby to feel better! We decided to give her a bath a little earlier than normal just because the fussiness was to the point that Clinton and I could barely hear ourselves talk. It calms her down for a while...but then she is right back to fussing. She gets her bottle, falls asleep for a bit...wakes up in time to watch 'Glee' (one of the greatest shows ever), then after a while she isn't ready for bed but ti's time to eat again, so I feed her and we fall asleep in the bed. I wake up when she begins choking (she is sitting up sleeping, another suggestion by the ped) but she falls right back to sleep. I move her to the bassinet and she sleeps til about 4, and I get up and hold her until my alarm goes off at 4:30 and by then she's asleep again so I let her lay on our bed while I get ready.

Wednesday- She has only spit up a little bit after her morning bottle before daycare. I drop her off, and I don't know why but it's getting harder for me to leave her, but that's another blog. And after work my goal is to work out, unless they call me and tell me she's had another bad day and I just pray that tonight is better.

Thursday- Daycare, work, and then will be picking her up early for her 4 month wellness check up-where she will be getting 3 if not 4 shots! So I will probably have a fussy baby again.

Friday-Clinton and I are off because guess what...I'm having my wisdom teeth extracted! So we will take Kenzie to daycare and then we will go have this done and I will come home and sleep and pray that Kenzie doesn't give Clinton too hard of a time.

Saturday and Sunday- Will depend on his work schedule, but I guess that if he does have to work his mom will help me with the baby. And Sunday Clinton really wants to go see Harry Potter, I just hope the baby and my mouth will let me do so!

*sigh*....I really love my daughter...and I know that this is not her fault, I just really want her to feel better and not have to do the upper GI, although while I have seen a decrease, the screaming has increased. And I feel horrible that I am having this done because I feel like I am dumping the baby on Clinton and his family, although they don't mind my mommie instincts are making me feel bad for doing this now of all times. *sigh* (today seems to be one of those days where I am going to be sighing a lot)I am hoping though that I can take her 4 month pictures tomorrow without any trouble, but she's not always the happiest camper as of late... so we will see. Sorry that this one is so long, and just keep praying that they will figure out what is going on with her and that she can have a better night.

No comments:

Post a Comment