Thursday, November 11, 2010

To cut or not to cut....my hair that is...

So as I enter this new phase of "mommie-hood" I am at a cross roads...do I continue to let this mop on my head grow out and look horrible OR do I do something fun and drastic? Ok, it probably won't be that drastic...I mean I am not going to go all Britney and shave it off, mostly because I know I have an odd shapped skull and know I can't pull it off :) So I have decided to let the masses try and sway me...here are my reasons for keeping my long hair and my reasons for wanting to cut:

Reasons to keep it longish:
1. It's easy...seriously, if I am too lazy to get my butt out of bed to do my hair becuase Kenzie had a rough night, I can just throw it in a pony tail and go.
2. I have been growing it out since I found out I was pregnant...so it seems weird to cut it.
3. The whole laziness factor...I know I have mentioned it already but sometimes it is nice to be able to pull it back in a pony tail.

Reasons to cut it:
1. My hair does nothing anymore...it seriously is just a mop on my head
2. I want something different and to not look 12 years old anymore.
3. (this is my hubby's exzplaination for why I want to cut it) I want people to know that I am a mom even when I don't have my baby with me.
      *He is under the impression that every style I look at is a "mom" haircut..its's a man thing that I will never understand.

One thing that should be noted....I tend to change my hair a lot...well I used to before I moved to NOVA becuase it's simply too expensive to get it done up here compared to where I was, plus I don't have anyone that I remotely know well enough to do it. But I am the type of person who will just sit down in the chair and tell the hairstylist that they can do whatever...I know I am not right in the head...but I am pretty easy going (I think on most days). I guess that I just feel as though this hair is the old me...and now that I have graduated with my Master's....celebrated being married for over a year.....had a baby and found a wonderful job that it's time for a new Trina to emerge...

LOOK OUT WORLD....MOMMIE ROOF IS HERE!
* I am aware that the previous statement is above cheesy....but I don't care...it's one of those days

No comments:

Post a Comment