Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In the beginning.....

So I have finally decided to add one more thing to my life...writing a blog. It's not like I don't already have enough things to handle right now...but I figured that I could look back on this and be happy that I marked my life and all the events in it with words. I normally am the type of person who loves to write, and since I'm so bad at trying to keep up with the same journal at this point in my life why not post it here, plus I'm getting rather bored with 'Facebook' so I need something new to preoccupy my mind.

So here goes nothing,

My life has not always been as perfect as is it now, there were some not so great relationships, some tough decisions, but through it all I had one person who stood by me, understood just what I needed and loved me through it all, Clinton. We met in college...where I was the small town hickified (yes, that's my own word) little girl with an accent that made it hard for this city boy (he would not be happy that I am calling him that) to understand me at times. He was a football player, a year ahead of me, getting his private pilot license, and I figured way out of my league. I was the shy at times girl, who became a cheerleader, got involved in Student Government and engrossed in my studies. But somehow we always seemed to be hanging out in the same places. So we began talking and we just hit it off....although I called him Roof and didn't learn his first name until I was sitting at dinner in the cafe with some of our mutual friends and they were talking about Clinton...and I mentioned that he sounded like a really nice guy and they were going to have to introduce me to him...needless to say, I was the running joke for a couple of weeks. But we started "dating" and became really close...and not to say that we didn't have our moments, but it turned out alright. He graduated a semester before I did and after I graduated I moved up to where his family is from to attend Graduate school.

He proposed on St. Patrick's Day of my junior year of college...it was sooo super sweet. We saved money by purchasing all our rings at once, even though we knew it might be awhile before getting married. After my first year and a half of my two year grad program we kind of wondered what we were really waiting for and decided to tie the knot...in six weeks...seriously we announced at Easter of '09 that we would be getting married over Labor Day weekend. Of course, it should be noted in here that I changed my mind several times about when and where to hold the wedding and I was very appreciative of my wonderful husband of being so caring and understanding through my undeciviness...seriously, it was at the beach at one point, on a cruise, in Vegas, not at all, just at the courthouse, at a park and finally my professor worked part-time at a winery and invited us to come and check it out, pulled some strings and my mind was made. It really was the perfect wedding, the weather was every bride's dream for an outside wedding, sunny but not hot. It was small but it was celebrated with friends and family who cared for us. And we are complete dorks becuase we spent our honeymoon in Williamsburg..taking in the historical sites and enjoying Busch Gardens on my 3 day weekend from grad schoool...needing to get back to present a paper on that Tuesday! (short vacation, but well worth the time spent together)

Our life was set...I was working on my Master's, he has his job as a Crew Scheduler for a local airline...but as the saying goes (or at least my version of it) 'when things are going great, life always throws a curve ball in it!' His job was going to be moving to another state...and it would be over 12 hours away from where we were currently living. I knew that I couldn't leave because I was not through with my program and was not about to start all over in another program in another state. And he wasn't sure if he even wanted to go...so finnally around Thanksgiving he was pretty much set in that he wasn't going to be moving to Memphis...and I was very happy, it meant that we would be moving in with his parents, but I love them so I won in all ways! Then on my 24th birthday, December 3, we found out that we were expecting our surprise baby!

We had not been trying...and by no means were we really ready to have a baby, however in my mind there is no real PERFECT time to have a baby. If you wait until everyone tells you it's ok, you will either still be broke or too old to concieve or just plain to old to want kids anymore. So even though not everyone was as thrilled as we were, and mind you we were thrilled and scared out of our minds, we knew that we would find a way to make it work. And we did   :)

Big celebrations of Spring/Summer 2010
*May-I graduated with Honors with my Master's degree in School Counseling
*May-I celebrated my one year anniversary with Clinton
*July- I gave brith to a precious baby girl...6lbs 10oz and 19 3/4 inches long
*August- after almost giving up completely on finding a job in my field, I got offered a middle school counseling job only 12 miles from our house!

Has it always been easy...I'd be lying if I said yes....BUT WE have done what was neccessary, and done it to the best of our abilities and we couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment