Friday, November 5, 2010

Home sweet PC....at least I hope that it will be...

It's so funny that the last time that I was at home (the home that I grew up in) I was pregnant with Kenzie and here I am heading home this weekend with a baby...and for some reason, even though I'm almost 25 years old, I'm nervous about going home.

There are many reasons (that I have drummed up in my head) about why I'm nervous about going home.
* How will Kenzie do with a 4 1/2 hour (at least) drive this evening after work, and if she does sleep most of the way, does that mean that she will be up half the night?
* How will she do with seeing all these new people at church? Normally she doesn't mind strangers, she will smile at anyone (for the most part, unless she's in one of her moods or not feeling well) and she will let everyone hold her (thanks to daycare and my willingness to let anyone hold her)
*And I know that we are going to church....but I am not sure how Kenzie will act during church, I just don't want her to disrupt the service, which I know that I will take her out to the nursey if she does but I hope that she is her usual smiling, happy self
* Oh, and with my mom's cat....how will she react to the baby? Or how will Kenzie react to the cat? I know that she's been around dogs and has been fine, she usually doesn't pay them much attention and they don't really pay attention to her.
*Plus, with the daylight savings time, will that mess up her schedule?

Oh the things that moms worry about when traveling, plus, she's only 3 and a 1/2 months old....and I am super worried about the spittting up...I hope that she doesn't do it on anyone's Sunday best...maybe I will just hold her and if she gets me then I can just wash my dress later. Speaking of washing, all I can think about right now is the big load of dirty clothes sitting in our bathroom...I should have worked on that yesterday but I was too busy packing and playing with Kenzie.

*update on the attempting to roll over.....so while I was gathering my clothes together in the bedroom I placed her on the bed so I could watch her and talk with her and hopefully keep her from crying. Well she was on her back for alittle bit and once again tried to roll over to her tummy...but then she got frustrated so I picked her up and placed her on her tummy...I figured that maybe she should give a try to rolling from the tummy to her back. Well normally Kenzie does not like tummy time...(another check mark for the possibility that there is an underlying belly issue) but yesterday she was content with it and was pushing up on her arms and hands and holding her head sooooo steady and she was trying to roll herself over but again those arms are just getting in the way. But it's was so cute to see her doing all of that (made packing that much harder because I just wanted to keep playing with her) but again sad because I can remember when she couldn't do any of that! :'(

So here's hoping this weekend is safe and happy and that everyone thinks that my baby is as adorable as I do...and I know I carry the most bias towards her, but she really is cute!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment