Thursday, April 4, 2013

I am pregnant...not broken-but I might be a beached whale :)

There are two things that have been getting to me lately which is cause for this post and the title:

1. I realize that I can't exactly do everything the same way that I did nearly 9 months ago-but I am not broken or helpless...just pregnant!  Seriously, when did being pregnant become the thing that stopped us from living our lives? Yes I am growing a human inside of me, yes, it does make me a little tired (well that and chasing a toddler around doesn't help)...but seriously there are other people out there who are worse off than I am! Think back to the days past-when women would give birth and then be fixing dinner by that evening or working the garden the next day? When did we become so helpless? Don't get me wrong, I understand that there are high risk pregnancies out there and for all of those who are please, take care of yourself-but I am not one of those pregnancies!!! (thank you Jesus) I know I am on my soap box right now, but seriously-i can put together furniture, I can paint a room, I can still cook dinner and spend time with my family while working on growing my little boy inside of me-it is possible!!! The world does not have to stop around me just because Clinton and I decided to have another baby. There are tons of women who don't even realize they are pregnant and go about their daily lives and wind up having a prefectly healthy baby. Now, I am not saying that I want to go out and party til the wee hours of the morning, drinking and doing drugs and being careless about driving...but I still want to be able to keep my house straight (as straight as it can be with a toddler), take care of my family and get my daughter's new room ready before this little man decides to make his grand appearance into the world! So go ahead, give me the dirty looks, and roll your eyes but remember it could be far worse...I am jsut resorting back to the roots of the ladies who were on little house of the prairie-if they can do it-so can I!!!

2. The second thing that has been getting on my nerves lately is why are there cuter maternity clothes? seriously, I was trying on dresses for the Easter holiday and they all made me look like a beached whale!!! I realize that I am in the last trimester of this pregnancy with a little over 9 weeks to go, but having gained under 15 pounds I just felt awful afterwards! Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant and the cool things that my body is doing right now: like my heart is growing bigger to accommodate the extra blood that is being made for myself and little Joe, how I can feel his little (sometimes big) movements, and know that what started out as just a little egg is now a human! But at the same time, working in a school, I still want to look cute! I gave my heels but does that mean that I have to give up my fashion? I know there are some cute things out there-but I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it...why don't retailers understand, we want to look good, but most of us will have to do it on a budget because we are about to give birth to something very expensive (and worth it I might add). While I can make somethings look ok, I don't want to have to just wear a sheet for the next few weeks...shesh!

Ok, I think that I have spent enough time standing on my soap box about these things-Lord knows if I stand here too long I will get fussed at :)   Thanks for letting me vent...it's always better to get it off my chest-because we all know that stress is not good for little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment